Friday, May 25, 2012

Baroness Elsa Scraeder's Ball Gown



 


 
 
I'm on the right!
 
  I was in my theater group’s performance of The Sound of Music; I played the role of Baroness Elsa Scraeder!  I bought most of my costume pieces from Goodwill.  But her white ball gown I knew I needed to make.  The original pattern had no straps but to match the movie I added some.  I also added the sheer fabric around the top like in the movie.  I made the corsage out of sheer fabric and a safety-pin so I could take it off the dress to store it.  In the movie her corsage is on the left; but somehow I made the top of my dress lop-sided so I had to pin mine to the right to hind the unevenness.  I almost didn’t finish this dress because I had one complication after another; luckily my grandmother, who is an amazing seamstress, helped me save it just in time!                   











No comments:

Post a Comment