Friday, May 25, 2012

Belle's Pink Dress



The girl on the right played Belle in our musical!

  I used the same pattern for this dress as Belle’s blue dress.  The pink part of the sleeves is the original pattern but I added the sliver part to make it look more old fashion.  Believe it or not the lining is actually yellow!  Because the pink fabric was so sheer it needed a lining.  I didn’t have time to run to the store to get some, and because I had so much yellow lining left from making Belle’s yellow dress, I used it to line this dress!  Normally I dislike mix-matching fabric and lining color; but sometimes when you are in a bind and you can’t match them always go with a lighter color lining! This costume was also used in CYT’s production of Beauty & the Beast!

No comments:

Post a Comment